10.28.2013

Published! Crafty Mag UK

This past summer, Crafty Magazine UK asked me to write & photograph a DIY article on bokeh photography. They specifically wanted a step by step on making a hood to place over your lens and examples using it. Plus a written article on why bokeh photography is so kick-ass and popular. :) 




The goal was to turn twinkly lights into cute hearts and stars. I created my own lens hood and tested it out on everything! I used it to shoot sparkly lights around my house, I turned my newborn baby boy into an angel and surrounded him with blissful hearts, and I went to my favorite part of Los Angeles to found what bling I could to transform into shapes.






I was so honored to be asked especially since this magazine is simply GORGEOUS!! The article was published in Issue #7 which came out this month. I just got my copy in the mail today and I am so impressed with this beautifully designed magazine. And they have the coolest projects, I would love to try several of them out! It's not too late to get your copy, there is even a Holiday supplement with the sweetest Christmas projects. 
This was such a fun article to shoot and write! Thanks a bunch Crafty Mag! :) 
xx, Myan